CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fun Filled Weekend!




So its finally friday tomorrow. And thats good. My parents get here after work, and that always makes for tons of chaos. Saturday is Valentines day, but more importantly...its Paige's first birthday. Can you believe it. It feels like my baby was just born yesterday, and now she is turning a year old. So, I feel it necessary to remember the day she was born.....




Well it all started with the doctor telling me most of the way through my pregnancy that she would be at least 2 weeks early. So, I had been thinking I was going to have her today since about the first of February. I went to the doctor on the 13th, and had the oh so fun stripping of the membranes done. (If you have carried children before, I am sure you a cringing at the thought.) So, the doctor said he expected me to have her that day, or in the next couple. I went back to work and finished out the day. On the 14th, I woke up with my parents at my house (this time they decided to come early, since they made it to Peyton's birth by about 30 minutes). I wasn't feeling to great so I decided to stay home. It got to about 3pm and I was continually in tears because I was so tired of being pregnant. Its really hard when you think its going to happen at any moment and you have to keep waiting. And I had been thinking that for 2 weeks. But at this moment....it was going to happen. Just like with Peyton, my water broke before the contractions ever started.




Eric was at work, so we called him to let him know that he should think about leaving soon. I had just gotten out of the shower, so I still had wet hair. I remembered with Peyton, everyone taking so many pictures, and I looked back and wished my hair would have been fixed. With Peyt, we waited at the hospital forever for my contractions to start, so I figured I had plenty of time, and decided to dry and straighten my hair before we went to the hospital. (I know, its crazy.) By the time I was finishing my hair, I was starting to feel a few contractions, so I hurried a little.




Mom started off to Peyton's school to be with him at his Valentine's party. I hated the thought of his first memory of his sister was that she made him miss his party. My dad took me to the hospital and Eric met us there. And by the time we got to the hospital, I was feeling it pretty good. I was taken to triage because there were so many babies being born that they had no room for me. (17 babies on that day to be exact.) I don't know if anyone has experienced this before, but they wont give you epidurals in triage. And I was there for 4 hours waiting on a room. I was finally told that I would be getting a room about 6:30 pm. And by this point, on the little meter that draws the peaks and valleys of the contractions, mine were hitting the top of the machine, like the wanted to go up higher, and then just staying there forever before coming back down.




I finally got into a room at about 10 till 7. Thankfully my perfect nurse had arranged for the epidural to arrive at the room the same time I did. By 7, I was a happy girl. (Oh, and when I was checked when they got me in a room finally, I was already at a 6. Thank god it happened when it did or I may have had her without drugs.) By 7:45 I was pushing. She made it a little hard on me because she had her head turned sideways, like with her ear to her shoulder, so I would push and push and she wouldnt move. She finally moved it and shot right out at 8pm. 5 hours from start to finish. It was great. 9lbs even.

The day before Paige was born. I was huge!


Sweet baby Paige on her birthday

0 comments: